Bob Ong Had Just Re-Inspired Me

Last night, I have finished reading Bob Ong's 5th book "Stainless Longgnisa." This one's really different from the other books tht he wrote. Or maybe he really makes sure that every book that he releases would not seem like a trilogy or a continuation of a previous book. Anyway, he talks about how he wrote the previous books and how he is with his life as a writer.

If anybody of you had read his book "ABNKKBSNPLAko?", you can somehow see a resemblance of what is happening in my life right now, specially on the part wherein he tells us about his college life. Hindi ko nga alam pero pakiramdam ko noong unang nabasa ko ang libro na iyun, nakita ko na ang mga mangyayari sa aking buhay pagdating ng kolehiyo. Hindi nga ako nagkamali.

Right now, Mr. Bob Ong had just reinspired me to continue with my plans of writing my very first book. I have been planning on doing this for a very long time. And all of those planning wasted my time until my interest would wane again and my plans would be put on hold. Again, I'm reviving my plans on 'releasing' my first ever book.

I'm giving myself 3 months to finish my book. What is my purpose in writing my book? Just like every writer, I hope that through my book, I would be able to inspire others; most specially those of my age. I would want them to learn something from the kind of life I had and try to understand others who may be experiencing the same life I have. I would also want to inspire others to write too. I really do believe that something that is can change a lot or everything: from view, opinions, perspectives nd even principles in life. Whether it be in the form of a blog, newspaper article, pamphlet, poster or a book, it will have an impact on its readers. Kahit pa napaka-walang kwenta nito. You would still be affected.

That's why I created this blog. Not to gain popularity or a lot of friends but to make a difference in the life of my visitors. I would like to give them not what they want but what they need to know. In the coming days, I would be trying to review the 'tradition' of my previous blogs to create articles talking about different topics.

And I do really hope that I can finish my book. And to start the ball rolling, I'm reading a lot of books right now. I'm currently reading on "Looking Back" by Ambeth Ocampo, the famous historian that really rocked the world of Philippine history. The book is a collection of article from his column t the Philippine Daily Inquirer. It is quite an old book but a good read most especially if you think history is boring. Watch out for the part wherein he discusses about the atrocities that the Americans committed during the Philippine-American War. Baka biglang magbago ang tingin mo sa Amerika at baka suriin mo ngayon kung hanggang ngayon ba ganun pa din ang ginagawa nila.

Regarding my job hunting adventures, as I have mentioned in my previous post I didn't get the job.And I really do hope to find one. At least, I got some idea now how the application process works at the call centers. I really need a job so I can help my parents pay our debts to a lot of people.

As with my life right now, I feel much closer to God now. I think I have somehow finally found my peace in Him. I do hope my plans and decisions have His blessing and that it is according to His will. I do really feel much better now. Thank you for your prayers.

And speaking of gratitude, I would like to feature my Top Ten Entrecard droppers. Here they are:

Thanks for the drop guys. And thank you for the wonderful comments.

You might as well add you blog here: Million Blog List. I'm proud to be number 18 on the list! :D

Follow CHRIST.

Serve the PEOPLE!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you too for including my name. May kasabihan nga tayo-"May tamang oras at panahon ang bawat bagay sa mundo.May you achieved your goal brother."

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Dennio =) I hope matuloy mo ung book mo. I am sure it will have a lot of inspiring messages. I've never read a bob ong book but I think am gonna check out one. Bo Sanchez fave ko e. am happy you feel closer to God! just hold on to Him =) nag-aaply ka pala call center madami jan, am sure soon matatangap ka din =) Keep the faith and stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh BobOng! I love his style! Sadly, I only happent to read the first three books before i go away from there... And yung libro ni Hudas lang ang nadala ko dito sa Italy...well, para mabasbasan ng papa! hehehehe

    Hmmm..good luck for the book.. I dunno if you know another blogger here that publishes his book online by chapter.. you may see http://madilimnakasaysayan.blogspot.com

    Good luck again and best regards. You are in my link list.

    ABC Bloglearner at http://abc-bloglearning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. isang bagay na natutunan ko kay bob ong tungkol sa pag buo ng isang aklat:

    huwag magmadali.

    paulit ulit na basahin ang manuscript. tapyasin ang dapat na tapyasin. hulmahin hanggang sa makita mong nagkakaroon na ng tamang hugis. wala naman kasing nagsabing madali lang gumawa ng libro.

    kaya mo yan, kaibigan. nga pala, baka gusto mong makipagkwentuhan sa mga kaibigan ni bob ong, sali ka na sa bobongpinoy yahoogroups. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments, reactions and suggestions below.